Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Very Funny Transaction

My buddy Trissa reminded me yesterday of this hilarious situation she handled a few weeks ago: guy comes into the library to get a card. She goes through the list ("Have you ever had a card with us before? Wayne County? Cuyahoga? Do you have proof of current address etc.") and the fellow is, all, "No. No. No. In fact, I've never been in a library in my life." So Trissa sets him up, and discovers that he does indeed have an existing account, which is blocked due to a lost book. He protests that this can't possibly be him, why, he wasn't even living in Wadsworth then: he was in the Navy when that book was checked out! He asked what the name of the book was, and when Trissa tells him, "Naval Ships of America" I all but wet my pants. Oh, man. We laughed and laughed after he (he was a good sport, by the way) left. "But I was in the Navy then! What's the name of this book, anyway?" "Naval Ships of America." Ha ha! Ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Sort of like the customer whose book on procrastination is two weeks overdue.